Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Baby of the Family






















Well...it's been a month since my last post (I am slacking on the job). My baby sister, Emily, is no longer a teenager. She turned TWENTY YEARS OLD!!!!! She actually shares her birthday with my great grandmother. My great grandmother turned eighty two. (so when I have babies, we will have five generations in my fam) She is in good health, and I hope that I inherit her longevity. I do not get to see her very often because she lives in Boaz. She has a very content spirit. I love to just sit and talk to her, and I always come away feeling still and calm-far away from the business of everyday life. We celebrated their birthdays on Saturday eventhough they were actually on Thursday, Feb 5th. My mawmaw Peggy cooked chicken and dumplings and we had two birthday cakes. I ate a lot!!! I remember when the day Emily was born. I remember being at my cousin's birthday party, and yes, her birthday is the fifth also. Crazy, huh? Anyway, Emily was born with yellow jaundice (mispelled?) and had to be flown in a helicopter to Bham. By this point, I was tired of babies. I was four years old and no longer the center of attention. I am so excited to see her turn into a beautiful woman right before my eyes. She is still my baby sister, but I know that she is a mature young lady. She is in Respitory Therapy School at Shelton State in Tuscaloosa. I am very proud of her, I can honestly say that she is naturally beautiful inside and out. I am allowed to brag a lil' bit bc this is MY blog...haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1,2,3

1,2,3
heather, anna, emily